The market is flooded with a surplus of teas and supplements created for weight loss. These products are quite expensive in the long run. For example, teas cost between $3 – 30 USD per pack depending on the brand. In addition, to lose and maintain your slim figure long term use is recommended. Although, weight loss is important especially if you have unhealthy proportions of body fat. It should not cost you a fortune to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. In this post, I will share with you seven cost-effective tips for weightloss.
Benefits of Weightloss
A healthy range of body fat ;
- lowers the risk of complications during and after surgery or childbirth.
- leads to a healthier, more robust immune system. The body is able to fight against more infections and diseases.
- allows better sleep. According to John Hopkins University, excess weight, and body fat increases the possibility of sleep apnea. This is a sleep disorder that causes frequent interruptions during sleep.
- reduce pressure which causes joint pain and improve movement.
The key to losing weight is to increase your metabolic rate to burn more calories. Metabolism refers to all the continuous chemical processes inside your body that are essential for proper function. These processes break down nutrients, build and repair in our body. At any given moment, the amount of energy which is measured in kilojoules (KJ) that the body burns is determined by your metabolism. Although, your metabolism is influenced by many factors including age, gender, and hormones; there are ways to improve your metabolic rate.
Cost-Effective Tips For Weightloss
- Eat foods rich in protein such as lean meat, poultry, nuts, eggs, and beans. They help to maintain more muscle mass and less body fat. Muscle burns more calories than fat.
- Consume more natural and organic foods. Highly processed foods are difficult to digest and are more likely to be converted to fat. Natural foods are easier to break down and convert into energy
- Use more Spices. Ingredients such as ginger, mustard, jalapeno and cayenne pepper can help to speed up your metabolism. Spices also add flavor to distasteful foods that are healthier options to achieve and maintain weightloss.
- Increase Physical Activity. While physical activity helps to burn more calories and losing weight. It is essential for proper body function and it increases your life span. It is recommended that we aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity everyday. There are plenty of ways to get active throughout the day.
- Limit your calorie intake to at least 1,200 a day. Any less and your body will go into starvation mode and conserve energy.
- Stand rather than sit. When you sit your metabolic rate slows down. Your body is able to burn more calories while you’re standing. According to the Mayo Clinic, standing for at least six hours through out the day significantly lowers the chances of obesity in men and women.
- Get enough rest. Lack of sleep decreases the number of calories your body burns. It disrupts your appetite -regulating hormones. It increases your hunger hormone levels and decreases your fullness hormone levels. This leads to overeating and weight gain. Sleep deprivation can cause you to eat 300 calories more daily than when you are well rested.
These are just a few ways to lose and maintain weightloss. Based on numerous studies they are cheaper, healthier and most importantly effective. If you are overweight or uncomfortable with your body. Now is a great time to start working on the body you dream of. These cost-effective tips for weightloss will transform your life.
Thank you for reading my blog. I hope it was beneficial to you in some way. If you enjoyed reading this post, please check out my other posts. Feel free to like, share and subscribe to my blog. Thank you.