Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, persons have lost their jobs that they had for years. Many companies are downsizing due to the harsh economic impact the pandemic has caused. Competition is fierce, for jobs too many candidates qualify. Because only a small percentage of companies are hiring now. In this article I will share some tips to write a quality resume to get you hired.
Here are some tips to write a quality Resume to get you employed.
Employers are busy people. Who don’t have time to be scrutinizing every inch of each Resume to find the best person. Your Resume should standout from the competition. In most cases, your Resume gives the employer the first impression of you. The layout and format of your Resume is very important.
- Firstly your Resume should be easy to read. The information should flow naturally.
- Secondly, ensure that your Resume is in Reverse Chronological Order which means that the most recent relevant information should be shared first.
Your Resume should have the following features.
- Objective – What do you aim to achieve if you receive the job?
- Profile – What qualities do you possess that makes you an asset to the organization?
- Work Experience – Provide the 3 most recent and relevant places of Employment. It is an advantage to have previous experience in the field you are applying for.
- Education – Provide a list of your qualifications. This includes the name of the educational instituition, duration of enrollment and achievements attained.
This Second half of the Resume tells the Employer about your personality.
- Awards and Community Involvement – Have you done any Volunteer Work? It’s a great idea to highlight this on your Resume because it gives you an edge over the competition. Have you received any awards for the work that you have done or competitions entered?
- Skills – What skills do you have that will make you an asset?
- Special Interests and Hobbies – This tells the employer more about you on a personal level. What do you enjoy doing? Whatever gives a negative impression of you, please omitt it from your Resume.
- References- Include the name of at least 2 persons in a respected profession who can provide a good recommendation. Please ensure that your References know your full name and inform them in advance that they may receive phone calls in regards to your employment.
There are many different technigues in writing a Quality Resume, there is no one way or format. However, some are more effective than others. Did you know that Resume Writing is lucrative business? This shows the Importance of a Quality Resume. In Jamaica, the fee to write a Quality Resume can range between $7,000 – $15,000.
With these tips there is no need to hire a Resume Writer. So go ahead, create or edit that Resume and you will see the difference.
Was this article helpful? Let me know in the comments below. You can also view my previous posts. If you love my content, please subscribe to receive latest post and updates.